Youth Football: Weakened Tigers suffer bad mauling
Colts Rugby Round-Up Cambridge Under-16s 42 Ely Tiger-16s 5 ELY Tiger-16s, undeterred by the worst injury problem in the club and stretched to play players in their own positions, were away to the strong Cambridge side. Overall the re-jigged side perform
Colts Rugby Round-Up
Cambridge Under-16s 42 Ely Tiger-16s 5
ELY Tiger-16s, undeterred by the worst injury problem in the club and stretched to play players in their own positions, were away to the strong Cambridge side.
Overall the re-jigged side performed a little better than last week, but still could not stop Cambridge running in some good tries in the first half.
You may also want to watch:
However, in the second half the Tiger-16s dug deep and were rewarded with a try from Sean Kennett. Unfortunately, just effort was not enough, and the team could not hold it together for the whole of the game which finished 42-5 to Cambridge.
Ely Tiger-15s 10 Cambridge Under-15s 23
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
THIS match was highly anticipated by Ely as they were eager to challenge one of the best teams in the county.
The match started well with Ely keeping Cambridge in their half but, two breaks on the wing cost Ely 10 points.
Ely battled on regardless and their efforts paid off when Carl Turpie scored a try with a successful conversion by Chris Hobson.
This was soon followed by a penalty which Chris Hobson kicked.
The second half was to be challenging and unlucky, Cambridge kicked a penalty then scored two more tries. The match ended 10-23 to Cambridge but everyone agreed Ely had put up a good game against the county champions.