Youth football extra
Under-11 Witchford Colts 2 Waterbeach Colts 3 ANOTHER excellent team-performance wasn t quite enough for Witchford on Sunday. Lewis Woollard scored a penalty for Witchford in the first half but they trailed 3-1 at the break. Witchford had their opponents
Witchford Colts 2 Waterbeach Colts 3
ANOTHER excellent team-performance wasn't quite enough for Witchford on Sunday.
Lewis Woollard scored a penalty for Witchford in the first half but they trailed 3-1 at the break.
Witchford had their opponents on the back foot in the second half and pulled another goal back through man of the match Jake Goodchild. But Waterbeach held out for the win.
Witchford: Ryan Bowles, Sam Green, Luke Goodchild, Jake Goodchild, Lewis Woollard, Luke Goodridge, Jamie Loades, Tom Juden, James Forber, James Everett, Andrew George, Karl Langley.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 6 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Comberton Crusaders 6 Little Downham Eagles 1
COMBERTON wreaked havoc, scoring three goals in the first 10 minutes, and after fourth goal was conceded just before half time, a few strong words were needed by the manager.
Eagles played with pride in the second half and, after conceding a fifth, Daniel Burdin beat two men and shot home from an acute angle. This lifted the team and they battled well for the remainder of the game but were unfortunate to concede a sixth.
Little Downham man of the match: Daniel Mould
Soham Town Colts 1 Waterbeach 3
SOHAM lacked the sparkle that had served them so well in previous weeks. The visitors took an early lead after a goalkeeping error, and they were 2-0 up towards the end of the first half when a defensive mix-up was clinically punished.
Soham tried to change tactics in the second half but a number of injuries and Waterbeach's persistence prevented Soham from making a comeback.
A brief spell of hope arrived when Chris Avis latched on to a throughball and scored, but with Soham pushing further forward towards the end, Waterbeach clinched the points with a similar pass through the defence and a well placed goal.