Youth football extra
Under-11 Witchford Colts 2 Waterbeach Colts 3 ANOTHER excellent team-performance wasn t quite enough for Witchford on Sunday. Lewis Woollard scored a penalty for Witchford in the first half but they trailed 3-1 at the break. Witchford had their opponents
Witchford Colts 2 Waterbeach Colts 3
ANOTHER excellent team-performance wasn't quite enough for Witchford on Sunday.
Lewis Woollard scored a penalty for Witchford in the first half but they trailed 3-1 at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Witchford had their opponents on the back foot in the second half and pulled another goal back through man of the match Jake Goodchild. But Waterbeach held out for the win.
Witchford: Ryan Bowles, Sam Green, Luke Goodchild, Jake Goodchild, Lewis Woollard, Luke Goodridge, Jamie Loades, Tom Juden, James Forber, James Everett, Andrew George, Karl Langley.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Comberton Crusaders 6 Little Downham Eagles 1
COMBERTON wreaked havoc, scoring three goals in the first 10 minutes, and after fourth goal was conceded just before half time, a few strong words were needed by the manager.
Eagles played with pride in the second half and, after conceding a fifth, Daniel Burdin beat two men and shot home from an acute angle. This lifted the team and they battled well for the remainder of the game but were unfortunate to concede a sixth.
Little Downham man of the match: Daniel Mould
Soham Town Colts 1 Waterbeach 3
SOHAM lacked the sparkle that had served them so well in previous weeks. The visitors took an early lead after a goalkeeping error, and they were 2-0 up towards the end of the first half when a defensive mix-up was clinically punished.
Soham tried to change tactics in the second half but a number of injuries and Waterbeach's persistence prevented Soham from making a comeback.
A brief spell of hope arrived when Chris Avis latched on to a throughball and scored, but with Soham pushing further forward towards the end, Waterbeach clinched the points with a similar pass through the defence and a well placed goal.