Youth Football Extra
Under-11 Cherry Hinton Lions B 3 Witchford Colts 4 STRONG team play gave Witchford a well-deserved win on Sunday. Andrew George gave Witchford the lead, 10 minutes into the game, but Cherry Hinton equalised from a free kick 10 minutes later. Witchford
Cherry Hinton Lions B 3 Witchford Colts 4
STRONG team play gave Witchford a well-deserved win on Sunday.
Andrew George gave Witchford the lead, 10 minutes into the game, but Cherry Hinton equalised from a free kick 10 minutes later.
You may also want to watch:
Witchford's Sam Green then showed his skill and determination, shocking the Cherry Hinton keeper with a powerful shot to make it 2-1 and two minutes later, Tom Juden made it 3-1 by lobbing the ball over the keeper.
Cherry Hinton were far from beaten and pulled a goal back early in the second half. Witchford had a superior passing game and scored their fourth when Andrew George headed in his second.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
The home side battled well and gave Witchford a nervous finish when they made it 4-3 with 12 mins to go, but they held out to take the win.
Witchford's man-of-the-match: Sam Green.
Witchford: Karl Langley, Andrew George, James Everett, Tom Juden, Dominic Bailey, Jamie Loades, Luke Goodridge, Lewis Woollard, Jake Goodchild, Luke Goodchild, Sam Green, Ryan Bowles.
Haddenham Rovers Colts 2 - Chatteris Town 0
HADDENHAM continued their recent run of form with a comfortable victory over a hard-working team.
Haddenham played some good football, but failed to finish off some well worked moves.
James Beary broke the deadlock in the 20th minute by latching on to Alex Lowe's through-ball and expertly sliding the ball home.
Haddenham continued to dominate in the second half, but Chatteris put everyone behind the ball and the home side failed to convert a string of good chances.
Matthew Morton and Jake Bartolozzi were outstanding in the Rovers' defence.
Rovers finally put the game beyond doubt when the hard-working Theo Hall scored from from close range, after good work on the right from John Falconcer.
Haddenham: Richard Padmore, Jake Bartolozzi, Matthew Morton, Theo Hall, Alex Lowe, Kieran Drummond, Joe Snooks, James Beary, Oliver Holden, John Falconer.