Youth Cricket Round up
KING S School Ely s under-14 team progressed to the next round of the Lord s Taverners Cup competition after edging past Thomas Deacon Academy. Asked to bat first, King s batsmen struggled to hit top gear and, aside from a decent knock of 29 from Oliver
KING'S School Ely's under-14 team progressed to the next round of the Lord's Taverners Cup competition after edging past Thomas Deacon Academy.
Asked to bat first, King's batsmen struggled to hit top gear and, aside from a decent knock of 29 from Oliver Jones, they found themselves all out for just 119.
With leather in hand though, the King's bowling attack took their opponents to task lead by the heroics of slow bowler, Jamie Huffer.
Huffer from Fordham, was irresistibly accurate with the ball and took six wickets in just five overs to skittle Thomas Deacon for 91, handing King's an unlikely victory.
You may also want to watch:
ELY under13s meanwhile, put in a dazzling all round performance to score a 126 run victory over Littleport.
Having won the toss, Ely opted to bat first and set about their task with a voracious appetite for runs, notching up 148-4 from their 20 overs. Hugh Lawrence led the way for Ely with a solid knock of 44.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
Ryan Bowles opened the bowling for Ely, taking the wickets of both openers in his first over. Ramith Sarathchandra opened at the opposite end and he took three wickets for just two runs in his three overs. Eddie Bowles also weighed in with a trio of wickets) while David Mayle used his spin to good effect, taking a brace of wickets for six runs. Littleport finished on 22 all out, giving Ely the win by 126 runs.