Young Tigers raise hundreds for new equipment with bag-packing event
- Credit: Archant
Rugby Ely Tigers under 15s swapped rugby balls for shopping bags for a sponsored bag-packing event at the weekend.
Players offered shoppers at Sainsbury’s, in Lisle Lane, Ely, a helping hand by packing their shopping.
The team are busy raising funds to help purchase new equipment to use in their training sessions and matches.
In all, the team raised £525 with their efforts at the tills.
Simon Cross, coach for under 15s said: “I was overwhelmed by the generosity of the Sainsbury’s customers and the £525 will enable us to provide new training and match balls for the ever growing squad of players.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d also like to thank the colleagues of Sainsbury’s who were really welcoming and gave us the opportunity to raise such valuable funds.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut