Young Tigers Make Light Work Of Stowmarket
Rugby FLOWING passing moves from Ely Tigers under10s ensured that they picked up back-to-back wins over rivals Stowmarket at the weekend. In the first game, Ely started slowly but managed to click into gear midway through the half to run over several trie
FLOWING passing moves from Ely Tigers under10s ensured that they picked up back-to-back wins over rivals Stowmarket at the weekend.
In the first game, Ely started slowly but managed to click into gear midway through the half to run over several tries.
At half-time Ely were four tries to the good up their momentum showed no signs of slowing in the second-half as they racked up another four tries early on. A late push from Stowmarket saw them run over a consolation try but by then the damage had been done. Tries came from Sam, Jacob, Oscar, Connor & Harvey.
In the second game, Stowmarket were keen to recover from their first defeat and with some strong running they moved into a two try lead at half-time.
Ely started the second half well however, and quickly went about pulling back the deficit. Ely with some great passing out of contact kept the game flowing and on two occasions this resulted in an overlap being created to score a try.
- 1 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 2 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 3 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 4 Man facing eviction fears 'absolute disaster' despite council help
- 5 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 6 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
- 7 Woman who twice ignored 'no fly tipping' signs faces two fines
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Child shot in face by BB gun bought at summer festival
- 10 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
The next two tries came from Ely also and the home side wrapped up the win. Tries came from Oscar, Jacob and Harvey.