Young Tigers Make Light Work Of Stowmarket
Rugby FLOWING passing moves from Ely Tigers under10s ensured that they picked up back-to-back wins over rivals Stowmarket at the weekend. In the first game, Ely started slowly but managed to click into gear midway through the half to run over several trie
FLOWING passing moves from Ely Tigers under10s ensured that they picked up back-to-back wins over rivals Stowmarket at the weekend.
In the first game, Ely started slowly but managed to click into gear midway through the half to run over several tries.
At half-time Ely were four tries to the good up their momentum showed no signs of slowing in the second-half as they racked up another four tries early on. A late push from Stowmarket saw them run over a consolation try but by then the damage had been done. Tries came from Sam, Jacob, Oscar, Connor & Harvey.
You may also want to watch:
In the second game, Stowmarket were keen to recover from their first defeat and with some strong running they moved into a two try lead at half-time.
Ely started the second half well however, and quickly went about pulling back the deficit. Ely with some great passing out of contact kept the game flowing and on two occasions this resulted in an overlap being created to score a try.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
The next two tries came from Ely also and the home side wrapped up the win. Tries came from Oscar, Jacob and Harvey.