Young Tigers Dazzle Opposition
ELY Tigers U10s dazzled spectators and opponents alike at the weekend as they scored impressive wins over some of the region s finest young teams. Fresh from a fine showing at a youth tournament in Suffolk, the team were in buoyant mood and recaptured the
ELY Tigers U10s dazzled spectators and opponents alike at the weekend as they scored impressive wins over some of the region's finest young teams.
Fresh from a fine showing at a youth tournament in Suffolk, the team were in buoyant mood and recaptured their good form once more as they took on some of the best young teams in the region.
In their first match, Ely faced off against a strong and confident Bury side, who had recently beaten Wymondham, the only team to beat Ely in the West Norfolk festival. The game started strongly and neither team looked likely to give much away. Some really strong rugby and determined defending from Ely saw the first half out with no score.
The second half was just as tight. But a moment of inspiration late on saw Ely run over a try to take a narrow victory.
You may also want to watch:
In game two against Bury B, Ely again found themselves defending fiercely and finished the half a try down.
Ely came out fighting in the second half though, and after fighting off some early scares they ran over three tries to seal the win.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 7 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 8 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
In their final game the Ely boys were determined to make it a clean sweep and started their match against Stowmarket at a furious pace.
Ely put together some sinuous moves throughout the game and ran over a try in each half to seal the win and the coveted clean sweep.