Young Tigers claim rugby 7s victory
- Credit: Archant
Rugby Under 12s
Dominant Ely Tigers got their hands on some silverware after winning a rugby 7s tournament held in Cottenham, over the weekend.
The team’s first game up was against Huntingdon and they flew out of the blocks, throwing the ball around well ran and running over plenty of tries as they came away with 55-0 win.
The Tigers’ second game was against St Ives, which proved to be a slightly tougher affair. But were effective at the off-load and recorded a 30-5 win.
The final pool game was against Haverhill and some excellent tackling from Ely kept the opposition to only one try. The Tigers learned to go wide in this game and ran out 35-5 winners.
You may also want to watch:
In the final, Ely faced off against Wisbech and ran over five tries in a dominant first half.
Wisbech rallied at half-time but Ely held firm to claim a 35-5 win and the tournament.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Coach Steve Brown said: “It was a great day out and we thoroughly enjoyed and to win was the icing on the cake. It was our first 7s tournament but I think we shall look to do more.”