Young showjumpers put in star showing
- Credit: Archant
Equestrian King’s Ely sent a team of four riders to a showjumping event at the Jays, near Bury St Edmunds.
The team rode superbly, picking up victories in the 80cms and 90cms classes, and individual wins in both these classes as well as the 1m.
The riders for the 80cms team were Katie Cameron, Rachael Attwood and Freia Gould. Cameron came away with a victory Attwood took sixth place.
Cameron, Attwood and Gould also rode in the 90cms class and were joined by Sebastian Bishop. Bishop took victory, while Cameron came away with second place and Attwood came fourth.
Bishop was the only rider from King’s in the 1m class and won in fine style.
You may also want to watch:
Team manager, Sue Cameron said: “They were great advocates for the school and there was great support for each other, a real team result.”
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 3 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 4 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 5 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'