Young showjumpers put in star showing
- Credit: Archant
Equestrian King’s Ely sent a team of four riders to a showjumping event at the Jays, near Bury St Edmunds.
The team rode superbly, picking up victories in the 80cms and 90cms classes, and individual wins in both these classes as well as the 1m.
The riders for the 80cms team were Katie Cameron, Rachael Attwood and Freia Gould. Cameron came away with a victory Attwood took sixth place.
Cameron, Attwood and Gould also rode in the 90cms class and were joined by Sebastian Bishop. Bishop took victory, while Cameron came away with second place and Attwood came fourth.
Bishop was the only rider from King’s in the 1m class and won in fine style.
You may also want to watch:
Team manager, Sue Cameron said: “They were great advocates for the school and there was great support for each other, a real team result.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody