Young judoka impress at Littleport tournament
- Credit: Archant
Judo Littleport Judo Club staged a mini tournament at the village leisure centre at the weekend.
The event brought more than 40 junior judoka from across the East to compete against top fighters from the Littleport club.
The tournament was split into two groups, one for red belt judoka and one for yellow belts and each group divided into weight categories.
Competitors were then split into age groups so as to make for the fairest contest possible.
Five judoka entered the tournament from the host club and they were all rewarded with a medal for their efforts.
In the red belt group, Yonas Aldous won all his contests to win the gold medal in his weight group, Tyler Stewart-Passley also won all his contest to take gold in his weight group and Matthew Landeryou competed well and was awarded a bronze medal in his group.
In the yellow belt group, Iestyn Lachmann competed well and came away with a bronze medal in his weight group. Also in the yellow belt group, James Harper won all his contests to take the gold medal.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 5 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 6 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Liitleport Judo Club meets at Littleport Sports Centre on Tuesday evenings from 7pm and welcomes new members along - both junior and senior ages from complete beginners to advanced players.
For further information please contact Ross Edwards on 07500 587453 or email- firstname.lastname@example.org