Young judoka impress at Littleport tournament
- Credit: Archant
Judo Littleport Judo Club staged a mini tournament at the village leisure centre at the weekend.
The event brought more than 40 junior judoka from across the East to compete against top fighters from the Littleport club.
The tournament was split into two groups, one for red belt judoka and one for yellow belts and each group divided into weight categories.
Competitors were then split into age groups so as to make for the fairest contest possible.
Five judoka entered the tournament from the host club and they were all rewarded with a medal for their efforts.
You may also want to watch:
In the red belt group, Yonas Aldous won all his contests to win the gold medal in his weight group, Tyler Stewart-Passley also won all his contest to take gold in his weight group and Matthew Landeryou competed well and was awarded a bronze medal in his group.
In the yellow belt group, Iestyn Lachmann competed well and came away with a bronze medal in his weight group. Also in the yellow belt group, James Harper won all his contests to take the gold medal.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
Liitleport Judo Club meets at Littleport Sports Centre on Tuesday evenings from 7pm and welcomes new members along - both junior and senior ages from complete beginners to advanced players.
For further information please contact Ross Edwards on 07500 587453 or email- firstname.lastname@example.org