Superb effort by the youngsters from Littleport Gymnastics Club as they tot up the medals haul from Hitchin competition
- Credit: Archant
Medals may not be the only indicator of success but the 26 medal haul that youngsters took away from Hertfordshire sure tells you something.
The youngsters all belong to Littleport Gymnastics Club and 18 of them travelled to Hitchin to compete in the floor and vault invitational event.
The gymnasts, whose ages ranged from 6-12yrs, performed exceptionally well against other clubs from around the eastern region.
Head coach Diana Strange had no doubt at all about their momentous achievement.
“We are so proud of what our young girls and boys have achieved,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“For some, this has been their first time on the competitive circuit. The gymnasts have all worked so hard and their determination and teamwork shone through today”.
The gymnasts from Littleport gymnastics club took home an amazing 26 medals from the Hitchin event.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
“I would like to say thank you to all of the parents who support the club by travelling with their children to these events,” said Diana.
“It really allows the children to enjoy the sport”
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our club.