Yet more medals for excellent Ely Roller Skating Club talents
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a summer of success – and medals – for Ely Roller Skating Club.
The club’s summer began in style in June thanks to Amie Bowen from Littleport who took the gold medal at the British Championship dance competition.
Sophie Woodbridge, from Ely, also impressed, skating to silver in the Junior Figures British Championships.
Ely added to their medal haul a month later at the Kent Artistic Roller Dance competition thanks to Charlotte Bloomfield’s gold in the Ladies Solo Dance and silver from Richard Cuplin in the Solo Dance.
Maddison Bourn and Abby Trense added another silver in the Duo Dance, whilst Bethany Wakefield and Chloe Moore sealed bronze.
You may also want to watch:
Maddison and Abby weren’t finished there and scooped gold for their freestyle elements, with Linayah Jackson taking silver.
The club concluded their summer of success with more medals at a competition in Norwich – Amie Bowen helped herself to gold in Figures and Free Skating, while Chloe Figgins took bronze, as did Carmen Peppercorn for her Free Skating routine.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
The youngsters will now take a well-earned break before returning to action at Retroksate in Great Yarmouth in November.