Yet more medals for excellent Ely Roller Skating Club talents
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a summer of success – and medals – for Ely Roller Skating Club.
The club’s summer began in style in June thanks to Amie Bowen from Littleport who took the gold medal at the British Championship dance competition.
Sophie Woodbridge, from Ely, also impressed, skating to silver in the Junior Figures British Championships.
Ely added to their medal haul a month later at the Kent Artistic Roller Dance competition thanks to Charlotte Bloomfield’s gold in the Ladies Solo Dance and silver from Richard Cuplin in the Solo Dance.
Maddison Bourn and Abby Trense added another silver in the Duo Dance, whilst Bethany Wakefield and Chloe Moore sealed bronze.
Maddison and Abby weren’t finished there and scooped gold for their freestyle elements, with Linayah Jackson taking silver.
The club concluded their summer of success with more medals at a competition in Norwich – Amie Bowen helped herself to gold in Figures and Free Skating, while Chloe Figgins took bronze, as did Carmen Peppercorn for her Free Skating routine.
- 1 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 2 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 3 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 4 Caught on camera the moment an otter came up for dinner
- 5 Eleanor becomes highest achieving contestant in mathematical olympiad
- 6 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
- 7 Model rail exhibition back after three years
- 8 20-year-old dies following motorbike crash in Longstanton
- 9 ‘It’s virtually impossible to register with an NHS dentist’ - people struggling to pay for dental care
- 10 Lane closed on A14 after ambulance and lorry crash
The youngsters will now take a well-earned break before returning to action at Retroksate in Great Yarmouth in November.