World Champion ambitions for City of Ely Bowls stars
- Credit: Archant
City of Ely Bowls stars Greg Harlow and Nick Brett will be hoping to bowl their way to the top at the World Indoor Bowls Championships, which starts this weekend.
Potters Resort in Norfolk is to welcome back the sport’s most prestigious event for an 18th year, with Ely’s Harlow and Brett no strangers to the competition.
Harlow won the competition in 2010, and in 2014, the 48-year-old and his Ely club mate Brett bowled their way to the pairs Championship title.
The pair will combine once again on Sunday January 10, with Harlow kick-starting his quest for World Championship singles glory with a clash against Scotland’s Ronnie Duncan on Thursday January 14.
Nick Brett will then take to the green with a view to winning his first World Championship title with a first round tie against Jamie Rippey.
You may also want to watch:
The tournament, which begins tomorrow (January 8), will be broadcast live on BBC Two.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment