Witchford/Rackham Primary School under nines win East Cambs Kwik Cricket competition
- Credit: Archant
A delighted Witchford/Rackham Primary School cricket team emerged winners at this year’s Under 9 East Cambs Kwik Cricket competition.
Hosted by Wilburton Cricket Club the eight competing teams had a sunny afternoon of uninterrupted sport.
Sports leaders from Witchford Village College Year 9 pupils acted as umpires and scorers throughout the tournament.
Event organiser Sid Wales said: “It was fantastic to see so many children aged from seven to nine playing cricket at such a high standard.”
Richard Padmore from Wilburton CC presented the medals to the finalists from Little Thetford and Rackham.
You may also want to watch:
He then handed over the trophy to winning captain Josh Broad.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 10 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning