Witchford/Rackham Primary School under nines win East Cambs Kwik Cricket competition
- Credit: Archant
A delighted Witchford/Rackham Primary School cricket team emerged winners at this year’s Under 9 East Cambs Kwik Cricket competition.
Hosted by Wilburton Cricket Club the eight competing teams had a sunny afternoon of uninterrupted sport.
Sports leaders from Witchford Village College Year 9 pupils acted as umpires and scorers throughout the tournament.
Event organiser Sid Wales said: “It was fantastic to see so many children aged from seven to nine playing cricket at such a high standard.”
Richard Padmore from Wilburton CC presented the medals to the finalists from Little Thetford and Rackham.
He then handed over the trophy to winning captain Josh Broad.
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 5 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 8 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 9 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 10 Staff shortage meant intensive care couldn’t admit some patients