Witchford pub landlord Roger competes in his reliant robin banger race at Mildenhall Stadium
- Credit: Archant
The landlord of the Village Inn in Witchford swapped the pub for the race track at the weekend.
Roger Broker completed his first reliant robin banger race on Saturday at Mildenhall Stadium.
The 54-year-old had three races in total - the first ended in spectacular fashion, with a roll and a flip.
The second race finished much better. In the British Championship final, Broker finished an impressive second with a one-two-three finish for James Ellis racing team.
The final race saw Broker upside down for a considerable amount of time.
You may also want to watch:
His son, Stephen Broker, said: “Special thanks to all that supported Roger in his first outing and also James Ellis racing for making it happen and building the cars to race.
“I don’t think the other riders were best pleased that a newcomer came second and did so well in the British Championship final!”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 8 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 9 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
All videos and photos are available on the witchfordvillageinn Facebook site.