Witchford 96 reaping the benefits of support on and off the pitch
- Credit: Archant
Witchford 96 are enjoying a good season already – both on and off the pitch.
The club earned promotion to the Cambridgeshire County League Premier Division last season and have picked up a win and two draws in their opening five games.
And they have been backed off the pitch by Ely-based Deanta, who have agreed to sponsor the side for another year.
The partnership will see all players wearing the Deanta logo on shirts and training kit while the firm have donated doors for the club’s refurbishment.
First-team manager Adam Richards said: “The support given to us and generosity shown by Deanta UK, in a relatively short space of time, has been amazing.
You may also want to watch:
“After gaining promotion to the Premier Division, we have identified both short and long term targets we would like to achieve as a club and it is very humbling to hear that Deanta UK are just as keen to help.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on