Cricketers prepare to do battle in this year's Cambs League
- Credit: Richard Marsham/RMG Photography
Two of our local cricket sides will do battle once again in the Cambs League this weekend.
Wilburton, who finished bottom of CCA Group C in a reduced season last year, will look to improve this time round when they host Buntingford at The Piece Ground in Senior League Division Two on Saturday, 1pm.
Meanwhile, City of Ely’s first-team progressed to the knockout stages of the shortened campaign in 2020 and will look to continue that momentum at Cambridge NCI on May 8, 1pm.
Wilburton’s second-team, who beat Bluntisham 2nds in Division Three North on Saturday, are not in action this weekend while the club’s third-team play March Town 4ths in Division Five North, 1.30pm.
City of Ely 2nds, who lost their opening Division Two North game at Histon 2nds, look for an instant recovery at home to Cambridge NCI 2nds at the Paradise Centre, 1pm.
The 3rds are not in action this weekend, but the Sunday XI visit Buckden in Division Five of the Hunts League on May 9, 1pm.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Dr Nik in Ely for his first day as Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Mayor
- 3 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 4 Man suspected to have stolen '£300-400' of alcohol in store theft
- 5 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 6 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Eggs from Peregrine Falcons nesting on Ely Cathedral rooftop hatch
- 9 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 10 Railways to royalty - a nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire