White spins side to cup victory
KIRKLAND CUP FINAL Witcham 103-8 Little Downham 177-9 Little Downham won by 74 runs SPIN-BOWLER James White produced a match-winning performance, taking 5-24 to secure Little Downham s first silverware of the season. The teams contested the cup, which
KIRKLAND CUP FINAL
Little Downham 177-9
Little Downham won by 74 runs
SPIN-BOWLER James White produced a match-winning performance, taking 5-24 to secure Little Downham's first silverware of the season.
The teams contested the cup, which was first contested early last century, on Monday and Tuesday night at Littleport Leisure Centre.
- 1 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 2 Petition launched to save village pub
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 5 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 8 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 9 Missing woman back home
- 10 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
Little Downham batted first and Phil Cornwell, in the middle order, hit a sweet half century.
John Hunt (30) and Ian Heaps (31) were other significant contributors, while medium-paced bowlers, captain Nigel Phillips (4-44) and Stuart Hare (4-35) produced Witcham's best bowling figures.
But White led the way with superb spin bowling on Tuesday night.
He comfortably restricted the Witcham response, with Chris Houghton (18) and Nigel Pate (16) their top scorers, as they finished well below the target.
After the match, White was presented with the man of the match award.