White spins side to cup victory
KIRKLAND CUP FINAL Witcham 103-8 Little Downham 177-9 Little Downham won by 74 runs SPIN-BOWLER James White produced a match-winning performance, taking 5-24 to secure Little Downham s first silverware of the season. The teams contested the cup, which
KIRKLAND CUP FINAL
Little Downham 177-9
Little Downham won by 74 runs
SPIN-BOWLER James White produced a match-winning performance, taking 5-24 to secure Little Downham's first silverware of the season.
The teams contested the cup, which was first contested early last century, on Monday and Tuesday night at Littleport Leisure Centre.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 4 Quick-thinking officer who stopped man jumping onto A14 honoured
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 7 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 8 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 9 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 10 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
Little Downham batted first and Phil Cornwell, in the middle order, hit a sweet half century.
John Hunt (30) and Ian Heaps (31) were other significant contributors, while medium-paced bowlers, captain Nigel Phillips (4-44) and Stuart Hare (4-35) produced Witcham's best bowling figures.
But White led the way with superb spin bowling on Tuesday night.
He comfortably restricted the Witcham response, with Chris Houghton (18) and Nigel Pate (16) their top scorers, as they finished well below the target.
After the match, White was presented with the man of the match award.