White spins side to cup victory
KIRKLAND CUP FINAL Witcham 103-8 Little Downham 177-9 Little Downham won by 74 runs SPIN-BOWLER James White produced a match-winning performance, taking 5-24 to secure Little Downham s first silverware of the season. The teams contested the cup, which
KIRKLAND CUP FINAL
Little Downham 177-9
Little Downham won by 74 runs
You may also want to watch:
SPIN-BOWLER James White produced a match-winning performance, taking 5-24 to secure Little Downham's first silverware of the season.
The teams contested the cup, which was first contested early last century, on Monday and Tuesday night at Littleport Leisure Centre.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
Little Downham batted first and Phil Cornwell, in the middle order, hit a sweet half century.
John Hunt (30) and Ian Heaps (31) were other significant contributors, while medium-paced bowlers, captain Nigel Phillips (4-44) and Stuart Hare (4-35) produced Witcham's best bowling figures.
But White led the way with superb spin bowling on Tuesday night.
He comfortably restricted the Witcham response, with Chris Houghton (18) and Nigel Pate (16) their top scorers, as they finished well below the target.
After the match, White was presented with the man of the match award.