Whirwind Witchford tame limp Tigers
Under-8 Witchford 9 Burwell Tigers 1 WITCHFORD claimed a resounding win in their last home match. Colts were on top through-out the game with some quality finishing rounding off a powerful performance. Callum Munden Henry Green and Max Loker scored two
Burwell Tigers 1
WITCHFORD claimed a resounding win in their last home match.
Colts were on top through-out the game with some quality finishing rounding off a powerful performance.
Callum Munden Henry Green and Max Loker scored two each to make it 6-0, with Loker beating three defenders before rounding the keeper for his second.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 5 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 9 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
A fine Jack Sheridan goal made it 7-0, before Munden completed his hat-trick with a thumping drive from just inside the opposition's half.
Ben Lymer completed Witchford's scoring with a deft chip into the top corner from just outside the box.
Burwell fought hard, hitting the crossbar twice before grabbing a deserved consolation goal in the final minutes.
Witchford squad: Sam Brewer, Bobby Barker, Kieron Reed, Arthur Maddox, Jordan Emms, Jack Sheridan, Alex Matcham, Henry Green, Mak Loker, Callum Munden, Ben Lymer.
Stretham Sporting B 4 Sutton United 2
BBC Radio 1's Vernon Kay helped celebrate Sporting B's first win of the season, announcing the victory live on air.
Stretham pulled ahead with a great goal from Liam Clark, and a Joshua Lowe header made it 2-1 after Sutton had equalised.
Lowe then scored again, before Sutton made it 3-2 in the closing minutes.
But Stretham had the final say when Clark's corner swerved straight into the net.
Stretham squad: Liam Clark, Joshua Lowe, Carla Penny, Joshua Burkett, Sam Grant, Joe Ormerod, Felix Pople, George Marsden, Michael Cornwall, Alex Martin & Alfie Cox.
Witchford Colts 15 Stretham Sporting B 1
WITCHFORD went on a scoring spree with Mathew Loades grabbing seven.
The other goals came from Euan Gilmour (2), Nathan Francis (2), Sam Gulliver (2) Daniel Chapman and Ruairidh MacDonald,
Witchford man of the match: Euan Gilmour.
Witchford squad: Sam Gulliver, Matthew Loades, Euan Gilmour, Nathan Francis, Ruairidh MacDonald, Harry Braybrooke, Daniel Scott, Daniel Chapman and Nathan Parker.
Ely Crusaders 1
DAN Miller scored with three minutes left to rescue a point for Crusaders.
It was a very even match between two sides near the top of the table and a break away goal gave Plantation a lead they took into half-time.
And Miller pounced in a goalmouth scramble to earn a deserved draw.
Crusaders: S Verdon, Q Young, K Hopkin, D Simper, D Miller, T Padmore, J Carter, K McGlinchy, M Collier, C Fordham, J Baker, N Gough, A Keeble, S Nangle, O Young, C Flemming, D Balcombe, M Kupka