Wheelchair rugby is coming to Littleport
- Credit: Archant
Wheelchair rugby is coming to Littleport thanks to Great Britain Wheelchair Rugby (GBWR).
The game is loaded with full-contact, hard hits, speed and physical determination, making it a thrilling watch.
Lee Parry, regional development officer at GBWR, said: "This is a great opportunity for the people of Cambridgeshire to experience as it is one of the few Paralympic sports not currently played in the county.
"To give people a true feel for the sport we have organised an exhibition game between two big clubs as Northampton Saints take on Norfolk Knights on Sunday June 9 from 3-6pm at Littleport Leisure Centre, Camel Road, Littleport, CB6 1EW.
"Everyone is welcome to come along and check it out, so why not see what the sport is about.
You may also want to watch:
"Following this showcase, local people will have thr opportunity to get in a chair and give the game a try.
"Anyone with a physical impairment is welcome to come along to the four taster sessions on Wednesday evenings from 5-7pm from June 12. Non wheelchair users are also welcome.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry