Wentworth wakeboarding youngster making waves
- Credit: Archant
HE may only have discovered the sport a year ago but a Wentworth youngster is taking the wakeboarding world by storm.
Luke Pearson, 12, who trains at Hannams Wake Hub, Stretham, won the first stop of the National All Other Divisions Wakeboard Tour and came sixth in the junior division at the British Boat Championships.
Pearson is fourth in the standings for the Toe-To-Tow cable wakeboard series, which takes place all summer at Hannams Wake Hub, with the next stop on August 11.
He said: “What I love about wakeboarding is that there’s nothing you can’t do. You can always be the person to step it up and try a new trick to take it to the next level.
“Ben and Terry Hannam are both really good coaches, they’ve helped me progress so much and always tell me what tricks I can do.”
You may also want to watch:
To find out more go to www.hannamswakehub.com
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation