Weekend Preview: Ely City Travel To Tiptree
ELY City travel to Tiptree United on Saturday looking to become one of the only clubs to complete a league double over the Essex side. The last time the two sides met, Ely picked up a somewhat unexpected 2-0 win which kick-started their move away from t
ELY City travel to Tiptree United on Saturday looking to become one of the only clubs to complete a league double over the Essex side.
The last time the two sides met, Ely picked up a somewhat unexpected 2-0 win which kick-started their move away from the lower reaches of the league and threw a spanner into the works of Tiptree's promotion bid.
Coming into this game, Ely find themselves all but secure for the season in 14th place and are also in something of a purple patch having picked up three wins in their last five.
Tiptree meanwhile, are in indifferent form with two losses in their last four games making them an unpredictable prospect.
You may also want to watch:
Denis Lightining will be boosted however, by the news that he has no fresh injury concerns arising from last week's game at Leiston and will also be able to call on Robbie Mason who is nearing full fitness following an ankle injury.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on