Vincent century catapults free-scoring Sutton to victory
CCA Division 2NA Sutton 221-3 Somersham 145 Sutton won by 76 runs SECOND-PLACED Sutton claimed a crucial victory at home to league leaders Somersham on Saturday. Sutton batted first and they were able to score freely on a very good wicket. Opening batsma
CCA Division 2NA
Sutton 221-3 Somersham 145
Sutton won by 76 runs
SECOND-PLACED Sutton claimed a crucial victory at home to league leaders Somersham on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Sutton batted first and they were able to score freely on a very good wicket. Opening batsman Mike Vincent (104) scored his second hundred of the season with 15 fours and a six along the way. Support also came from Rob Braybrooke (36) and Colin Coulson with a quick-fire 32 not out.
Sutton then bowled with tightness and accuracy and Somersham found it hard to score. The opening batsman S Ivery was bowled out for a duck by Jonathan Few and, despite strong performances from M Davis (42), Z Shahid (40) and K Wilson (33), Somersham's final five batsmen were unable to make a game of it. Sutton remained in control in the field and they were able to put men on the boundaries to restrict Somersham's scoring opportunities.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
Alan Rutterford bowled extremely well for Sutton, taking four wickets from his nine overs and Colin Coulson was exceptional in the field. As well as taking three wickets from six overs, Coulson hit the stumps directly from a boundary position to ensure that Somersham's danger-man Davis was run out before he could inflict any more damage. Few also put in a fine display of economic bowling, with three maidens. Few conceded just eight runs from five overs and took a wicket.