Village Celebrates New Sports Facility
LITTLE Thetford Sports and Social Club marked the end of a decade of hard-work and fund-raising last weekend with the opening of their all new Multi-use Games Area (MUGA) The new facility, which boasts an all-weather polymeric surface, floodlights and a
LITTLE Thetford Sports and Social Club marked the end of a decade of hard-work and fund-raising last weekend with the opening of their all new Multi-use Games Area (MUGA)
The new facility, which boasts an all-weather polymeric surface, floodlights and a host of new sporting equipment, cost almost �100'000 to build and completes almost 10 years of work at the site building a modern sports facility for the village.
As a 'thank-you' for their contributions towards the facility Chairman of East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC) Peter Cresswell and Donarbon's Mark Shelton were invited to declare the MUGA officially open for use.
Cllr Cresswell said: "I am really pleased that this project has finally been completed. This will not only benefit Little Thetford but all sports men and women in East
"I would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to all the people in Little Thetford who have worked so hard to make this happen."
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 9 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 10 Museum to mark first anniversary in ‘new Old Gaol’ this weekend
Kevin Russell, Chairman of the Little Thetford Sports & Social Club, said:
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our funders and the people in the village who gave their time and money to make all this possible