Village Celebrates New Sports Facility
LITTLE Thetford Sports and Social Club marked the end of a decade of hard-work and fund-raising last weekend with the opening of their all new Multi-use Games Area (MUGA) The new facility, which boasts an all-weather polymeric surface, floodlights and a
LITTLE Thetford Sports and Social Club marked the end of a decade of hard-work and fund-raising last weekend with the opening of their all new Multi-use Games Area (MUGA)
The new facility, which boasts an all-weather polymeric surface, floodlights and a host of new sporting equipment, cost almost �100'000 to build and completes almost 10 years of work at the site building a modern sports facility for the village.
As a 'thank-you' for their contributions towards the facility Chairman of East Cambridgeshire District Council (ECDC) Peter Cresswell and Donarbon's Mark Shelton were invited to declare the MUGA officially open for use.
Cllr Cresswell said: "I am really pleased that this project has finally been completed. This will not only benefit Little Thetford but all sports men and women in East
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to all the people in Little Thetford who have worked so hard to make this happen."
- 1 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 4 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Village-wide pyjama day raises £1,600 for Cambridge's new children’s hospital
- 7 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 8 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 9 Lib Dem gains in East Cambs send shivers down county Tories spine
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
Kevin Russell, Chairman of the Little Thetford Sports & Social Club, said:
"I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our funders and the people in the village who gave their time and money to make all this possible