Vide: Players 'Getting used t pressure'
Sham Twn Rangers 2 Kings Lynn Reserves 1 SOHAM bss Ian Benjamin said that his players may be getting used t the pressure after Saturday s last gasp victry ver King s Lynn Reserves. His side trailed 1-0 when news came thrugh
Sham Twn Rangers 2 Kings Lynn Reserves 1
SOHAM bss Ian Benjamin said that his players may be "getting used t the pressure" after Saturday's last gasp victry ver King's Lynn Reserves.
His side trailed 1-0 when news came thrugh that champinship rivals Needham Market were als behind at Wrxham. "There's nthing I can d abut that!" said Benjamin at the time.
His players culd d smething abut their current situatin thugh, and after cnceding the 65th minute gal Rangers sn gt back n terms.
You may also want to watch:
Charles Libam fund man-f-the-match Michael Simpsn with a great pass, and the midfielder fund the net with a crisp 15-yard drive which went in ff the far pst t make it 1-1.
It still lked like it might be tw pints drpped as the final minute apprached, but Sham - having had tw penalty appeals turned dwn - were finally awarded a spt-kick in the dying secnds fllwing a handball ffence.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
Lynn prtests delayed the penalty, but Libam kept his cl and strked the ball lw int the crner fr the winner.
Sham nw have the destiny f the title in their wn hands with 13 games left, but the Rangers manager remains cautius.
"In ur psitin yu are living frm game t game," he said. "The players have gt t give the same effrt as they have been frm week t week."
Needham Market are nt the nly team he is wrried abut. "I'm nt ruling ut Wrxham at all," said the Rangers bss, "and I'm nt surprised they turned Needham Market ver."
Injured galkeeper Lea Jrdan was replaced by Martyn Margarsn n Saturday, a 19-year ld lan signing frm Blue Square Premier side Rushden & Diamnds.
"He lked very much the part," said Benjamin, "even thugh it was a difficult game t cme int."
Sham travelled t Stanway Rvers yesterday (Wednesday) and n Saturday entertain Nrwich United.