Victory for Leeks in Monster Trophy series
- Credit: Archant
Sailing A FLEET of 12 trophy hunters competed on Sunday for the Roswell Monster Trophies at Ely Sailing Club.
Four handicap races were sailed, with competitors counting their best three results, in a light north easterly breeze.
The front runners were Simon Leeks, in his solo, Andy and Hannah Wilcox, in lasers, and Jack Knight with Mollie Lee in a national twelve. Simon consolidated his winning position by winning the final race giving him three firsts.
Jack and Mollie had line honours in the second race and on handicap still won by 56 seconds from Andy Wilcox with Simon 10 seconds behind Andy.
In the evening, members changed their sailing clothes for formal wear and evening dresses. Games were played on the lawns which included a trampoline and swing ball. Members provided a sumptuous supper and entertainment was provided by Josh Robbins from Soham a local singer and song writer.
You may also want to watch:
Results: 1. Simon Leeks 3points. 2. Jack Knight and Mollie Lee 5 points. As Mollie was the first crew she receives the Baby Monster Trophy. 3. Hannah Wilcox, 12 points. 4. Gary Ungless (solo) 13 points. 5. Andy Wilcox 13 points. 6. Clare Christan and Kirk Stamford (enterprise) 14 points.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 9 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'