Victory for Leeks in Monster Trophy series
- Credit: Archant
Sailing A FLEET of 12 trophy hunters competed on Sunday for the Roswell Monster Trophies at Ely Sailing Club.
Four handicap races were sailed, with competitors counting their best three results, in a light north easterly breeze.
The front runners were Simon Leeks, in his solo, Andy and Hannah Wilcox, in lasers, and Jack Knight with Mollie Lee in a national twelve. Simon consolidated his winning position by winning the final race giving him three firsts.
Jack and Mollie had line honours in the second race and on handicap still won by 56 seconds from Andy Wilcox with Simon 10 seconds behind Andy.
In the evening, members changed their sailing clothes for formal wear and evening dresses. Games were played on the lawns which included a trampoline and swing ball. Members provided a sumptuous supper and entertainment was provided by Josh Robbins from Soham a local singer and song writer.
Results: 1. Simon Leeks 3points. 2. Jack Knight and Mollie Lee 5 points. As Mollie was the first crew she receives the Baby Monster Trophy. 3. Hannah Wilcox, 12 points. 4. Gary Ungless (solo) 13 points. 5. Andy Wilcox 13 points. 6. Clare Christan and Kirk Stamford (enterprise) 14 points.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’