Victory comes at a cost
MILDENHALL Town are level on points with Soham in the Ridgeons Premier following a good 3-0 win at home to Woodbridge Town. Matty Clements opened the scoring before Ben Cranfield s penalty and Craig Hammond s third secured the three points. Town manager T
MILDENHALL Town are level on points with Soham in the Ridgeons Premier following a good 3-0 win at home to Woodbridge Town.
Matty Clements opened the scoring before Ben Cranfield's penalty and Craig Hammond's third secured the three points.
Town manager Trevor Munns said: "We did well and we got better as the game went on.
"They were a good side going forward but once we got the first goal I was confident that we would get the result."
You may also want to watch:
However, the victory came at a cost and goal-scorer Clements faces at least two weeks out after cracking two ribs.
Andy Lodge will also spend time on the sidelines after sustaining an ankle injury.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 8 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 9 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 10 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
The Mildenhall squad will also be missing Liam Harrold, who has decided to leave the club.
Munns said: "Liam decided that he wanted to move on and we came to a mutual decision to let him go. It looks likely that he will now move to a UCL team.
"With Craig Hammond due to start a five-week suspension and Andy Claydon still out we are a bit light up front and we may have to look at bringing in a forward."
Town entertain St Ives Town in the FA Cup preliminary round on Saturday.