Unlucky Rangers lose out
RIDGEONS LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION Lowestoft Town 3 Soham Town Rangers 1 DESPITE dominating last season s champions for large periods of the second half, Rangers came away with nothing on Saturday. Soham relied on some excellent saves from Lea Jordan earl
Lowestoft Town 3
Soham Town Rangers 1
DESPITE dominating last season's champions for large periods of the second half, Rangers came away with nothing on Saturday.
Soham relied on some excellent saves from Lea Jordan early on, before a Russell Stock header from four yards and a Jamie Godbold finish after a Stock knockdown put Lowestoft 2-0 up.
- 1 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 2 E-scooter crackdown sees crimes drop by third across county
- 3 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 4 Caught on camera the moment an otter came up for dinner
- 5 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 6 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
- 7 Model rail exhibition back after three years
- 8 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Coastal hotel with big aspirations wins tourism award
- 10 20-year-old dies following motorbike crash in Longstanton
Charles Libam pulled one back 10 minutes before the break after a Michael Simpson pullback following good work by Matt Robinson. Soham dominated play from then on, with Simpson and Scott Carter controlling the midfield battle and Libam a constant threat in attack, but just couldn't find an equaliser.
Lowestoft sealed the win in the dying minutes with a goal on the break, but the Soham players
left the field to a standing ovation from the big Lowestoft crowd.
Soham boss Ian Benjamin said: "Few teams come away with anything from Lowestoft after a bad start, but we had a real go at them and were desperately unlucky.
"Their fans know they were a bit fortunate to take the three points."
Soham play Wisbech at home in the Cambs Invitation Cup semi-final on Wednesday.