Under 18s Through To Cup Final
Soham U18s secured their place in the final of the Munns Cup after a strong team performance earned them a 2-1 victory over Wisbech Town U18. First half strikes from Jake Fuller and Gareth Suttle put the Greens into a commanding position with their impres
Soham U18s secured their place in the final of the Munns Cup after a strong team performance earned them a 2-1 victory over Wisbech Town U18.
First half strikes from Jake Fuller and Gareth Suttle put the Greens into a commanding position with their impressive defence ensuring that, despite pulling a goal back, Wisbech were unable to salvage something from the game.
The Greens will now go to forward to face the formidable Histon youth team in the competition final. Histon have racked up a titanic 14 goals along the way to the final and will provide stern opposition for the Greens, who are facing a fixture pile up in the coming weeks.
Soham's opening goal came after just eight minutes when a cunningly rehearsed corner move resulted in Fuller poking home from close range. Wisbech had a couple of opportunities to get back on terms in the ensuing minutes before Suttle knocked the wind from their sails as he latched onto a delightfully placed ball to poke home.
You may also want to watch:
At 2-0 ahead Gavin Stevenson's men eased off the pedal a little but were promptly jolted back into activity when the visitors managed to scramble home following a parried save.
Despite being a tense last quarter of the game, Soham held firm at the back and restricted Wisbech's attacking threat to a commendable extent.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 10 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely