Under 18s Pick Up Derby Win
SOHAM Under 18 s clinical finishing helped them sail to a convincing 4-0 win over rivals Ely City. A combination of fluid passing and ruthlessly precise finishing saw the Greens to a comfortable victory over Ely in a game they dictated throughout. Despit
SOHAM Under 18's clinical finishing helped them sail to a convincing 4-0 win over rivals Ely City.
A combination of fluid passing and ruthlessly precise finishing saw the Greens to a comfortable victory over Ely in a game they dictated throughout.
Despite the relative ease in which Soham eventually won the game, they were made to wait until the 20th minute before they opened the scoring thanks, largely, to the herculean efforts of Rob Wilson in the Ely goal.
When the deadlock was finally broken though, it was done so in fine style as Dan Sterna curled home from 20 yards with all the finesse of Beckham in his pomp.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan Alexander doubled the lead for the Greens after he ran onto a long ball and lobbed the hopelessly stranded keeper. A good half's work was made that little bit better a minute short of the whistle when Chamberlain converted from the spot.
A picture of symmetry to the opening 45, the second half was bossed by the visitors whose flowing football time and again put them in on goal.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Despite a host of missed chances Soham finally sealed the game with 15 minutes left when Sterna netted his second of the day following a measured passing move with Jake Fuller.