Unbeaten Soham March Past Opposition
SOHAM S 100 per cent record remained resoundingly in tact at the weekend thanks to an impressive 75 run win at March Town III. Last year s whipping boys have fast become this year s cricketing powerhouses and yet another staunch batting display helped the
SOHAM'S 100 per cent record remained resoundingly in tact at the weekend thanks to an impressive 75 run win at March Town III.
Last year's whipping boys have fast become this year's cricketing powerhouses and yet another staunch batting display helped them on their way to the top of the summit of the Junior League 3A
Batting first, Soham's now obligatory elephantine opening partnership clicked once more, into gear and scores of 58 from Nick Mingay and 47 from Mick Harvey saw the visitors pile on the runs early.
Not content with an excellent start, Soham's middle order pairing Josh Pope (68) and Keith Metcalfe (40), push the score yet higher, with the unbeaten pair eventually guiding the visitors to 245-3 from their 40 overs, a remarkable scoring rate of 6.1.
You may also want to watch:
Soham's bowling was fiercely accurate in reply and, though they proved unable to completely remove a determined March line-up, they did manage to whittle seven wickets away whilst keeping the scoring rate to a relatively frugal 4.25.
Josh Pope was the pick of the visiting bowlers as his excellent three over spell saw him collect four wickets at a cost of just 14 runs.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident