Unbeaten Ben stands out for Ely Squash in disappointing loss
- Credit: Archant
Ely Squash Club narrowly lost out in a very competitive match against unbeaten Newmarket I last Wednesday night.
Glen Campbell, playing at number five, was on the losing end of a very close battle with his opponent.
Going 2-0 down in a tight fashion, Campbell fought back to 2-1 but narrowly lost 16-14 in the fourth game to lose 3-1 overall.
Things were a little more straight forward for Chris Nixon, playing at number four - he never looked in trouble, dispatching his opponent 3-0 in games (15-5, 16-14, 15-5).
Jamie Woor, playing at number three lost in a tight match 3-2 to a very tricky opponent.
You may also want to watch:
Experience showed as in a tight final game, the opposing player just edged Woor out, 15-13.
Kevin Lorimer was never allowed to get going in his match at number two. His opponent, Mark Price, was unbeaten all season he comfortably continued his run, winning 15-8, 15-8, 12-15.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
Ben Mitchell, playing at number one, kept up his scintillating form this season and kept his unbeaten tag, winning 3-1 against a very tricky opponent.
Mitchell played well from start to finish and kept his concentration levels high to win 22-20, 13-15, 15-8, 15-11.
The team will be wanting to bounce back when they visit Melbourn away this week.