Unbeaten Ben stands out for Ely Squash in disappointing loss
- Credit: Archant
Ely Squash Club narrowly lost out in a very competitive match against unbeaten Newmarket I last Wednesday night.
Glen Campbell, playing at number five, was on the losing end of a very close battle with his opponent.
Going 2-0 down in a tight fashion, Campbell fought back to 2-1 but narrowly lost 16-14 in the fourth game to lose 3-1 overall.
Things were a little more straight forward for Chris Nixon, playing at number four - he never looked in trouble, dispatching his opponent 3-0 in games (15-5, 16-14, 15-5).
Jamie Woor, playing at number three lost in a tight match 3-2 to a very tricky opponent.
Experience showed as in a tight final game, the opposing player just edged Woor out, 15-13.
Kevin Lorimer was never allowed to get going in his match at number two. His opponent, Mark Price, was unbeaten all season he comfortably continued his run, winning 15-8, 15-8, 12-15.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 4 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 7 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
- 8 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
Ben Mitchell, playing at number one, kept up his scintillating form this season and kept his unbeaten tag, winning 3-1 against a very tricky opponent.
Mitchell played well from start to finish and kept his concentration levels high to win 22-20, 13-15, 15-8, 15-11.
The team will be wanting to bounce back when they visit Melbourn away this week.