U18s Cup Derby Clash Called Off
THE much anticipated cup derby clash between Ely City u18s and their Soham counterparts has been postponed due to an unplayable pitch. The quarter-final tie of the Munns Cup, which was set to be the forerunner to the Cambs Cup matchup between the two side
THE much anticipated cup derby clash between Ely City u18s and their Soham counterparts has been postponed due to an unplayable pitch.
The quarter-final tie of the Munns Cup, which was set to be the forerunner to the Cambs Cup matchup between the two sides senior teams later this month, has fallen victim to the weather for the second time in less than a month after a waterlogged pitch forced postponement on January 22.
There is as yet no rescheduled date for the match but weather permitting Soham 18s should be in action this Thursday as they entertain March Town United.
Soham boss Gavin Stevenson, said: "These last couple of weeks have been a bit of a disaster to be honest and since Christmas we have only been able to play once, which is obviously not good for the fitness of the lads.
"To make matters worse we could see a bit of a fixture build up come March-April time to the extent that we will have to play two or maybe even three times a week.
- 1 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 4 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 5 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 6 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 7 Rudolph the red phone box reindeer arrives in village
- 8 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 9 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks