Two in a Rowe for Ely’s Ashley
- Credit: Archant
Ashley Rowe came away with a double victory from Ely Table Tennis Club’s annual Winter Tournament, held on Saturday.
Rowe was pitted against Neil Abram in a pulsating singles final, full of attacking play from both players at Prickwillow Village Hall.
And Rowe went on to make his day doubly successful by winning the handicapped doubles with playing partner Simon Bickley, the pair defeating Andrew Maguire and Karen Byford.
The day-long Winter Tournament was keenly handicapped by third team captain Rob and second team captain Andrew Maguire.
This gave the lesser experienced players every incentive to compete against their more experienced colleagues.
You may also want to watch:
A buffet and drinks provided by club secretary, Karen Byford, proved a welcome respite from the rigours of the competitions.
The player of the Ttournament plaque, independently judged by chairman, Howard Middleton and Rob Pownall, was handed to Karen Byford.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
Ely Table Tennis Club welcomes players new to the area, those who wish to consider changing club or wish to return to the sport. Practice nights are held on Mondays, (the first one is free), with matches during the season on Wednesdays and Fridays all in Prickwillow Village Hall.
Anyone interested in finding out more about the club can visit our web or Facebook pages on the Ely League website www.tabletennis365.com/Ely , e-mail secretary, Karen Byford on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01353 664271.