Turner calls on fans for help as crucial league clash looms
- Credit: Archant
Football Ely City face a must-win clash against fellow strugglers Diss Town this weekend as they go in search of their first points of the season.
The Robins are pointless from 11 games played so far this term and come up against a Diss side in a similar situation, with no points gained from 10.
Ely sit one place above Diss by virtue of their superior goal difference.
But director of football, Sam Turner is taking nothing for granted and says his players will be going all out to break their duck come Saturday.
He said: “We will treat Diss with the utmost respect as we do any team in our league, but we know its a big game and our players will compete and give 100 per cent until that final whistle. Let’s hope I’m smiling after 90 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
“I would like to ask the people of Ely to come down to the Unwin Stadium this Saturday and try to roar our boys onto their first three points of what has been a very difficult start to the season.
“I am not going to make excuses for any of our defeats, but it is a learning process for a young squad and they will become better players for this, they continue to train hard and the commitment cannot be faulted.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
“I know that if we can fill the ground on Saturday it would boost our team so much and I ask all you Robins fans to create a good atmosphere. Lets work together to get them three points.” Kick off at the Unwin Ground is 3pm.