Triple success for Haddenham fighters
HADDENHAM and Ely cruiserweight Matt Tumber continued his superlative start to the season with a third consecutive win on Friday.
Tumber, 23, scored a unanimous points victory over A Walsh from Southend ABC to make it three wins from three bouts so far this year.
Coach Mike Sawyer, said: “He boxed beautifully and threw some really good straight left hands. Matt is coming along very well this year.”
Also in action at the weekend was 16-year-old Jack Halls, who cruised into the semi finals of the CYP Championships with a 35-17 win over Isaac Bloor from Queensbury ABC.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Sawyer, said: “Jack’s combination punches were excellent, he totally out boxed his opponent who is a very good little boxer.”
Halls will fight for a spot in the final of the prestigious national championships in November.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 8 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
Three Haddenham and Ely fighters will be in action again on Saturday as they travel to Fairbarn ABC.
Seasoned campaigner Liam Goodjohn, 25, will be in action at 69kgs , while two new fighters Callum Gibbs and Alex Lee will make their debuts in the ring.