MILDENHALL Town has added three players to its squad for next season. First to sign was Dave Daniels, a 19-year-old midfielder who towards the end of last season played on loan at AFC Sudbury, scoring on his debut at Needham Market. He was at Cambridge U
MILDENHALL Town has added three players to its squad for next season. First to sign was Dave Daniels, a 19-year-old midfielder who towards the end of last season played on loan at AFC Sudbury, scoring on his debut at Needham Market.
He was at Cambridge United for nine years and made his first team debut against Scunthorpe two seasons ago, twice playing in the last 16 of the FA Youth Cup.
He is comfortable on either wing, can also play in the middle and is both a goalscorer and a quality provider.
Colin Vowden became the next addition to sign, also agreeing a one year deal. He joined towards the end of last season from Histon where he was also assistant manager. Having previously played for Cambridge United, Cambridge City and, among others, Kettering, for whom he scored in a FA Trophy Final, he will bring a wealth of experience to the team.
You may also want to watch:
Matthew Clements was the third player to put pen to paper. He played for Needham Market last season, having previously played for Cambridge City, King's Lynn and Diss Town.
Trevor Munns was his manager at Chatteris Town five years ago, with Clements following him to Mildenhall Town at the start of the 2001/02 season.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
He was signed by Cambridge United without having played a game for Mildenhall.
Munns said: "It has certainly been a productive day and we are delighted to have signed Colin, Dave and Matt. All three are very good players individually and I am sure they will all add extra strength and their own attributes to our squad."
Mildenhall chairman Martin Tuck said: "It's great news that Colin has signed for next season and I would personally like to welcome Dave and Matt to our club.
"With the superb ongoing support of our main sponsors Safepac International and our move to a new ground coming closer, these are very exciting times.