Town off to a flier, but lose midweek
IT HAS been a mixed week for Mildenhall Town as they began their Ridgeons Premier campaign. A 75th minute winner from Needham Market substitute Glenn Snell consigned Mildenhall to a 1-0 defeat on Tuesday. But it was a different story at the weekend when T
IT HAS been a mixed week for Mildenhall Town as they began their Ridgeons Premier campaign.
A 75th minute winner from Needham Market substitute Glenn Snell consigned Mildenhall to a 1-0 defeat on Tuesday.
But it was a different story at the weekend when Town recorded a comfortable 4-1 win in their first game of the season at Felixstowe on Saturday.
Mildenhall were forced to come back from behind after Danny Phillips opened the scoring for Felixstowe midway through the first half.
You may also want to watch:
The home side held the lead until five minutes before the break when Mildenhall stormed back into the game in emphatic style.
The impressive Craig Hammond levelled the scores when he skipped past a couple of challenges and chipped the home keeper from 35 yards.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 Labour backs calls for extra Covid-19 safety measures in schools
Felixstowe were left reeling when Hammond's low drive gave Mildenhall the lead two minutes later.
And Lewis Baillie, who is on a month's loan from Cambridge City, powered home a header just before the break to make it 3-1.
A goal from Liam Harrold in the closing minutes rounded-off a good win for Mildenhall.
On Saturday, they entertain Leiston in the FA Cup extra preliminary round.