Town off to a flier, but lose midweek
IT HAS been a mixed week for Mildenhall Town as they began their Ridgeons Premier campaign. A 75th minute winner from Needham Market substitute Glenn Snell consigned Mildenhall to a 1-0 defeat on Tuesday. But it was a different story at the weekend when T
IT HAS been a mixed week for Mildenhall Town as they began their Ridgeons Premier campaign.
A 75th minute winner from Needham Market substitute Glenn Snell consigned Mildenhall to a 1-0 defeat on Tuesday.
But it was a different story at the weekend when Town recorded a comfortable 4-1 win in their first game of the season at Felixstowe on Saturday.
Mildenhall were forced to come back from behind after Danny Phillips opened the scoring for Felixstowe midway through the first half.
The home side held the lead until five minutes before the break when Mildenhall stormed back into the game in emphatic style.
The impressive Craig Hammond levelled the scores when he skipped past a couple of challenges and chipped the home keeper from 35 yards.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Felixstowe were left reeling when Hammond's low drive gave Mildenhall the lead two minutes later.
And Lewis Baillie, who is on a month's loan from Cambridge City, powered home a header just before the break to make it 3-1.
A goal from Liam Harrold in the closing minutes rounded-off a good win for Mildenhall.
On Saturday, they entertain Leiston in the FA Cup extra preliminary round.