Touch of Olympic magic for Littleport judoka
OLYMPIC judo star Colin Oates awarded Littleport youngster Noah Aldous a silver medal after a strong showing at a tournament held in Norfolk.
Oates, who starred for Team GB at the London games in the summer, was the special guest at the Kumo Inter Club judo competition held in Lopham, Norfolk, last week.
Noah, 11, performed superbly in the contest and came away with a silver medal for his efforts, only beaten in the last few moments of his final bout.
Noah, a member of Littleport Judo Club, said: “The competition was tough and I was well pleased to win a silver medal. It was great to meet Colin Oates as well.
“Colin is a great judoka and a good role model – and he signed my belt for me as well!”
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'