Tigers welcome new captain for upcoming season
- Credit: Archant
Ely Tigers Rugby Club announced this week that Lloyd Palmer has been appointed club captain for next season.
Lloyd has played for the Dowham Road club since he was seven, only taking a short break when he left for university, in Cheltenham.
He takes over the role from John Dibb.
A spokesman for the club said: “Lloyd has been an integral part of our first team for a number of years and, with Joel Scott-Paul as his vice captain, the key objective for this season is promotion to the London leagues.”
Ely Development XV will be led from next season by Jason Byrne, with Will Marshall and Gregg Hill as his vice captains. The development squad will be playing in Eastern Counties III West next season and will be aiming for promotion.
You may also want to watch:
If you are interesting in giving rugby a go or have moved into the area and want to join an active and vibrant club, pre-season training begins on July 1 at the club from 7pm. Training will then continue every Tuesday and Thursday for the season.
Our youth and mini section start training on the first Sunday in September and welcome all new players of all abilities.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
If you have any further questions please call Dave Walker, Ely’s director of rugby on 07712 229648.