Tigers get Kessler for new season
WEST Row specialist Robbie Kessler has joined Fen Tigers for the 2008 season, and the former German champion is determined to put a troubled 2007 behind him. Kessler, speaking from Germany where he is enjoying a family holiday, said: I love the Mildenha
WEST Row specialist Robbie Kessler has joined Fen Tigers for the 2008 season, and the former German champion is determined to put a troubled 2007 behind him.
Kessler, speaking from Germany where he is enjoying a family holiday, said: "I love the Mildenhall track and am really looking forward to joining the Fen Tigers. I have two new bikes lined up and must thank the group of fans and sponsors who have helped me."
The rider has averaged just under 10 points per meeting from his two previous appearances at West Row, and team boss Laurence Rogers sees the capture of Kessler - currently on a 5.79 average - as something of a 'snip'.
"His experience will be something I will be drawing upon to help our new young riders, and I am really pleased to have landed his signature."
You may also want to watch:
Rogers still has two spots to fill for the forthcoming season however, with 15.03 points available.
"We are awaiting news from Craig Watson over his decision for 2008," said Rogers, adding: "Fingers crossed it will be Mildenhall.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines