Thriving City of Ely Junior Netball Club taking the next step
- Credit: Archant
A junior netball club which has enjoyed tremendous success since it was formed three years is expanding.
This season, City of Ely Junior Netball is taking on 30 players aged 11–16.
The idea of a junior club was proposed in 2011. A year later, the first 20 junior players joined.
Some of those original players now feature for the adult teams. Three attended adult club trials and will be playing their netball in the first team squad.
The club’s under-14s and under-16s were in action at the County Junior Tournament at the weekend, facing some strong competition.
The junior expansion has been supported by Greys of Ely who have donated £50 towards additional kit.
They have also provided an emery board for each player to keep their nails short and smooth as required by the England Netball rules!
- 1 'He saved my life' - Karolina thanks optician after spotting unknown brain tumour
- 2 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 3 Baby murder trial hears mother joked tot self-harmed
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Man subjected to 'unprovoked attack' at village pavilion
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 9 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 10 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
To find out more about the netball club (adults and juniors) take a look at www.cityofelynetball.co.uk