Thriving City of Ely Junior Netball Club taking the next step
- Credit: Archant
A junior netball club which has enjoyed tremendous success since it was formed three years is expanding.
This season, City of Ely Junior Netball is taking on 30 players aged 11–16.
The idea of a junior club was proposed in 2011. A year later, the first 20 junior players joined.
Some of those original players now feature for the adult teams. Three attended adult club trials and will be playing their netball in the first team squad.
The club’s under-14s and under-16s were in action at the County Junior Tournament at the weekend, facing some strong competition.
You may also want to watch:
The junior expansion has been supported by Greys of Ely who have donated £50 towards additional kit.
They have also provided an emery board for each player to keep their nails short and smooth as required by the England Netball rules!
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 3 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 6 COLUMN: 'Expansion' the future for Ely rowing club
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 9 Motorcycle firm gearing up to show off lockdown project
- 10 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
To find out more about the netball club (adults and juniors) take a look at www.cityofelynetball.co.uk