The two Connors help Mildenhall Fen Tigers conquer Buxton Hitmen
- Credit: Archant
It was the tale of the two Connors for Mildenhall Fen Tigers last Sunday as Connor Mountain and Connor Coles stole the show to seal an impressive victory for their side against Buxton Hitmen.
Coles roared to his first maximum in Mildenhall colours for nearly two years as the Fen Tigers secured a 13 point victory, with Mountain also putting an impressive shift in, including his first maximum.
After coming from third to first with an impressive burst of speed in heat one, new Tigers’ number one Mountain rode to an untroubled paid 15 point maximum. They were ably supported by the improving reserve Chris Widman who put in a fine shift to record his best home score to date.
With the remainder of the team struggling with falls and bike problems, the result remained close with only one point separating the sides after eleven heats before the Fen Tigers pulled away in the final heats.
Buxton were well served by battling reserve and top scorer Ryan Burton who was always in the thick of the action while Tom Stokes, Ollie Greenwood and Ryan Blacklock all recorded heat wins but couldn’t find the consistency to take advantage of the Fen Tigers’ early difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
Fen Tigers promoter, Kevin Jolly, believes there is more to come from his side. He said: “The reality today was that we won by thirteen and took the all important three points, but in truth if we could just eradicate the errors and bad luck it could have been a thirty point victory today.
“I have to give Connor Coles special praise today; he has experienced a difficult week and responded in the best possible way scoring big points and showing strength of character. I couldn’t be more pleased for him and hopefully this is the platform for him for his season to really take off. He showed us today that he has the ability in abundance.”
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Car crashes into wall outside village Co-op
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
Mildenhall ‘KJM’ Fen Tigers - 51 - Connor Coles 15 (5 rides), Connor Mountain 14+1 (5), Chris Widman 9+2 (5), Danny Halsey 5+1 (4), Jon Armstrong 5 (4), Alfie Bowtell 2 (4) and Luke Ruddick 1 (4)
Buxton ‘Addison Engineering’ Hitmen - 38 - Ryan Burton 9+2 (6 rides), Tom Stokes 8 (5), Ryan Blacklock 8 (5), Ollie Greenwood 7 (5), Lee Geary 5 (5), Shelby Rutherford 1 (3), Lewis Whitmore 0 (1) and Steve Jones R/R