The gloves are on. . .
Tyler Goodjohn (66kg) and Perry Moore (78kg) top the bill for Haddenham Boxing Club in Saturday s eagerly anticipated show at the Arkenstall Centre (doors open at 7pm, boxing starts at 8 pm). It s going to be a sell-out, said Haddenham head coach Mick S
Tyler Goodjohn (66kg) and Perry Moore (78kg) top the bill for Haddenham Boxing Club in Saturday's eagerly anticipated show at the Arkenstall Centre (doors open at 7pm, boxing starts at 8 pm).
"It's going to be a sell-out," said Haddenham head coach Mick Sawyer.
Stable-star Goodjohn faced an older opponent in the shape of Dee Hardman from Handsworth ABC, but Sawyer feels the home boxer should win.
"It is going to be a very good contest for Tyler," said Sawyer. "We've had to put him up in weight because we can't find anyone to fight him."
You may also want to watch:
Moore meanwhile takes on B Ellis from Wodensborough ABC in another mouth-watering contest.
"Both boys have won four from five," said Sawyer, "so it should be a battle of the giants."
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
Schoolboy 'Golden Gloves' champion Nathan Dale (60kg) is also in action against the experienced northern fighter R Smith (St Michaels), and Haddenham representative Charlie Sawyer (51kg) has gone up in weight to face another St Michaels fighter in the shape of D Etches. Other bouts include Haddenham's Steven Moore (46kg) v A Herd (Southend ABC), Aaron Bennett (36kg, also Haddenham) v T Sparks (Chatteris) and J Bendall (Haddenham) v M Hills (Tottenham ABC).