The gloves are on. . .
Tyler Goodjohn (66kg) and Perry Moore (78kg) top the bill for Haddenham Boxing Club in Saturday s eagerly anticipated show at the Arkenstall Centre (doors open at 7pm, boxing starts at 8 pm). It s going to be a sell-out, said Haddenham head coach Mick S
Tyler Goodjohn (66kg) and Perry Moore (78kg) top the bill for Haddenham Boxing Club in Saturday's eagerly anticipated show at the Arkenstall Centre (doors open at 7pm, boxing starts at 8 pm).
"It's going to be a sell-out," said Haddenham head coach Mick Sawyer.
Stable-star Goodjohn faced an older opponent in the shape of Dee Hardman from Handsworth ABC, but Sawyer feels the home boxer should win.
"It is going to be a very good contest for Tyler," said Sawyer. "We've had to put him up in weight because we can't find anyone to fight him."
Moore meanwhile takes on B Ellis from Wodensborough ABC in another mouth-watering contest.
"Both boys have won four from five," said Sawyer, "so it should be a battle of the giants."
- 1 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
- 2 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 3 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 4 Fire crews called to car fire on railway line
- 5 MP officially begins new era for major UK supplier
- 6 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 7 Lorna’s successful plea to remove £3 shower charge for disabled visitors to The Hive
- 8 Hunt is on for arsonists after 5am car fire
- 9 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 10 'Cuckooing' drug dealer caught with cocaine to the value of £3,670
Schoolboy 'Golden Gloves' champion Nathan Dale (60kg) is also in action against the experienced northern fighter R Smith (St Michaels), and Haddenham representative Charlie Sawyer (51kg) has gone up in weight to face another St Michaels fighter in the shape of D Etches. Other bouts include Haddenham's Steven Moore (46kg) v A Herd (Southend ABC), Aaron Bennett (36kg, also Haddenham) v T Sparks (Chatteris) and J Bendall (Haddenham) v M Hills (Tottenham ABC).