The gloves are on. . .
Tyler Goodjohn (66kg) and Perry Moore (78kg) top the bill for Haddenham Boxing Club in Saturday s eagerly anticipated show at the Arkenstall Centre (doors open at 7pm, boxing starts at 8 pm). It s going to be a sell-out, said Haddenham head coach Mick S
Tyler Goodjohn (66kg) and Perry Moore (78kg) top the bill for Haddenham Boxing Club in Saturday's eagerly anticipated show at the Arkenstall Centre (doors open at 7pm, boxing starts at 8 pm).
"It's going to be a sell-out," said Haddenham head coach Mick Sawyer.
Stable-star Goodjohn faced an older opponent in the shape of Dee Hardman from Handsworth ABC, but Sawyer feels the home boxer should win.
"It is going to be a very good contest for Tyler," said Sawyer. "We've had to put him up in weight because we can't find anyone to fight him."
Moore meanwhile takes on B Ellis from Wodensborough ABC in another mouth-watering contest.
"Both boys have won four from five," said Sawyer, "so it should be a battle of the giants."
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
Schoolboy 'Golden Gloves' champion Nathan Dale (60kg) is also in action against the experienced northern fighter R Smith (St Michaels), and Haddenham representative Charlie Sawyer (51kg) has gone up in weight to face another St Michaels fighter in the shape of D Etches. Other bouts include Haddenham's Steven Moore (46kg) v A Herd (Southend ABC), Aaron Bennett (36kg, also Haddenham) v T Sparks (Chatteris) and J Bendall (Haddenham) v M Hills (Tottenham ABC).