The future is bright for English Premier League new boys Soham Roller Hockey Club
- Credit: Archant
It’s been a real fairytale start to life in the English Roller Hockey Premier League for Soham Roller Hockey Club.
The club has experienced a hugely successful season – winning both the Eastern Region Senior and under 20s Knockout Cups – and has finished their first ever season in the sport’s top division in an impressive second place.
Soham’s players have also experienced fruitful campaigns individually, with Alex Jones, Scott Neville and newly-crowned England under 20s player of the year, Tom Allander, set to represent England in the Senior European Championships in Portugal next week.
Harry Parfitt and Robbie Allander have also been selected to play for England’s under 20s, and head coach, Mike Neville, is proud of his young player’s efforts.
“As you can imagine, we are extremely proud of the club’s achievements,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“However, there is one more jewel in the crown; at the end of last year we started coaching some beginners and this Sunday will be the first outing of our under 9s team.”
For more information, email Mike Neville at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07860 927883.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse