JOHN MacAndrew topped the leaderboard in the Ely and District Cycling Club s time trial last week. MacAndrew shaved a second off the 31-minute mark to lead from Tom Sykes (31:00), Geoff Brewster (31:08) and Steve Presland (31:10). The ideal conditions r
JOHN MacAndrew topped the leaderboard in the Ely and District Cycling Club's time trial last week.
MacAndrew shaved a second off the 31-minute mark to lead from Tom Sykes (31:00), Geoff Brewster (31:08) and Steve Presland (31:10).
The ideal conditions resulted in good performances, and Steve Lightfoot (32:17) and Richard Hill (32:27) were among those returning good times.
Close behind were Jason Nixon (32:29), Colin Whitechurch (32:30) and Phillip Peacock (32:31).
Marc Cox (33:32) and Cliff Loveday (35:35) returned to time trial action, having competed in other events.
Newcomer Neil Bowman, from Ely, showed great determination in his debut time trial to survive the punishing course and record a time of 40:18.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 10 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
The next club event will be the 10-mile Sutton to Ely time trial on August 21.
Results (12.8m solo circuit): 1 John MacAndrew 30.59, 2 Tom Sykes 31.00, 3 Geoff Brewster 31.08, 4 Steve Presland 31.10, 5 Steve Lightfoot 32.17, 6 Richard Hill 32.27, 7 Jason Nixon 32.29, 8 Colin Whitechurch 32.30, 9 Phillip Peacock 32.31, 10 Marc Cox 33.32, 11 George Webb 33.37, 12 Richard Winrow 34.26, 13 Cliff Loveday 35.35, 14 John Jermy 36.02, 15 Derek Bailey 37.41, 16 Ray Jolly 38.11, 17 Ted Jackson 38.26, 18 Eddie Green 38.51, 19 Celia Whitechurch 39.23, 20 Neil Bowman 40.18.