JOHN MacAndrew topped the leaderboard in the Ely and District Cycling Club s time trial last week. MacAndrew shaved a second off the 31-minute mark to lead from Tom Sykes (31:00), Geoff Brewster (31:08) and Steve Presland (31:10). The ideal conditions r
JOHN MacAndrew topped the leaderboard in the Ely and District Cycling Club's time trial last week.
MacAndrew shaved a second off the 31-minute mark to lead from Tom Sykes (31:00), Geoff Brewster (31:08) and Steve Presland (31:10).
The ideal conditions resulted in good performances, and Steve Lightfoot (32:17) and Richard Hill (32:27) were among those returning good times.
Close behind were Jason Nixon (32:29), Colin Whitechurch (32:30) and Phillip Peacock (32:31).
You may also want to watch:
Marc Cox (33:32) and Cliff Loveday (35:35) returned to time trial action, having competed in other events.
Newcomer Neil Bowman, from Ely, showed great determination in his debut time trial to survive the punishing course and record a time of 40:18.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
The next club event will be the 10-mile Sutton to Ely time trial on August 21.
Results (12.8m solo circuit): 1 John MacAndrew 30.59, 2 Tom Sykes 31.00, 3 Geoff Brewster 31.08, 4 Steve Presland 31.10, 5 Steve Lightfoot 32.17, 6 Richard Hill 32.27, 7 Jason Nixon 32.29, 8 Colin Whitechurch 32.30, 9 Phillip Peacock 32.31, 10 Marc Cox 33.32, 11 George Webb 33.37, 12 Richard Winrow 34.26, 13 Cliff Loveday 35.35, 14 John Jermy 36.02, 15 Derek Bailey 37.41, 16 Ray Jolly 38.11, 17 Ted Jackson 38.26, 18 Eddie Green 38.51, 19 Celia Whitechurch 39.23, 20 Neil Bowman 40.18.