TENNIS: Ex Davis Cup duo pop into King’s Ely for coaching session
- Credit: Archant
Ex British tennis players Danny Sapsford and Luke Milligan visited King’s Ely to help students improve their skills on the court.
The visit was organised by Seb Scaux, King’s Ely’s tennis coach and who runs the 10iS Academy.
King’s Ely students and players from the 10iS Academy enjoyed coaching sessions with the ex Davis Cup duo, followed by exhibition matches. Players also had the opportunity to get involved and play doubles matches with Luke and Danny.
Chanre Bond, head of tennis at King’s Ely, said: “Danny and Luke’s visit was a really inspiring event and it was fantastic to see so many players on the court eager to improve their game.
“Money raised from the event will be going towards various projects, including coaching opportunities for people with autism and learning difficulties.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to everyone who made the event such a great success.”
The 10iS Academy is running a children’s tennis summer holiday camp at King’s Ely, starting on July 30.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
For more information, visit www.clubspark.lta.org.uk/10isAcademy