TENNIS: Ex Davis Cup duo pop into King’s Ely for coaching session
- Credit: Archant
Ex British tennis players Danny Sapsford and Luke Milligan visited King’s Ely to help students improve their skills on the court.
The visit was organised by Seb Scaux, King’s Ely’s tennis coach and who runs the 10iS Academy.
King’s Ely students and players from the 10iS Academy enjoyed coaching sessions with the ex Davis Cup duo, followed by exhibition matches. Players also had the opportunity to get involved and play doubles matches with Luke and Danny.
Chanre Bond, head of tennis at King’s Ely, said: “Danny and Luke’s visit was a really inspiring event and it was fantastic to see so many players on the court eager to improve their game.
“Money raised from the event will be going towards various projects, including coaching opportunities for people with autism and learning difficulties.
“Thank you to everyone who made the event such a great success.”
The 10iS Academy is running a children’s tennis summer holiday camp at King’s Ely, starting on July 30.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
For more information, visit www.clubspark.lta.org.uk/10isAcademy