Taylor spot on to take third colts championship
- Credit: Archant
Shooting SOHAM teenager Taylor Hedgecock won the Colts British Open Sporting Championship for the third consecutive year at the weekend.
Having first won the championship in 2011, 15-year-old Taylor went on to be named the Clay Pigeon Shooting Association’s Young Shot of the Year 2012.
The British Open Sporting is the most prestigious championship in the association’s calendar and this year was held at Hepworth Hall, Essex.
With more than 1,200 entrants, including former Olympic Gold medallist, Richard Faulds, and several-times world champion George Digweed, the field presented a high calibre of competitors.
The ground has hosted many major shooting championships over the past 20 years, including the British Grand Prix 200 FITASC and Team GB selection shoots.
You may also want to watch:
Taylor finished on 100 out of 120 targets trailing the former Olympian by just five targets and claiming first place in the Colts category. Over the same weekend, the Colt Sporting Champion also competed in the Sportrap, taking silver after shooting 80/100.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound