Talented team of Cambridgeshire youngsters take on British Riding Club National Championships
- Credit: Archant
A talented team of youngsters from Cambridgeshire took part in the British Riding Club Fibre Beet Junior Challenge 80 at the National Championships.
Anna Braybrooke, 15, riding Daisy Imp and Fionn Braybrooke, 13, (Ind 7th place) riding Bella, Paige Dodman, 16, riding Nothing But Trouble and Ruby Leonard, 13, riding Tree-hoo Gennie all represented Cambridge & District Riding Club.
The event took place at Aston Le Walls, Northamptonshire, on Sunday May 19 with teams representing England, Ireland Scotland and Wales.
It was a very close competition and with only two faults separating the two top teams.
They girls, who are from Witchford, Chatteris, Soham and Over, finished Reserve National Champions and first in All Four Scores Counting.
The competition involves a round of show jumping followed by going out onto the cross country course
Erin Braybrooke, 18, competed in the Challenge 100 as an individual being placed ninth.
- 1 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 2 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 3 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 4 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 5 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 6 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 Axing BBC TV news from Cambridge 'a backward step' says MP
- 9 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 10 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
Also representing the club at the same event on the Saturday May 18 was Alana Bailey, 15, riding Silver Sprite who gained a first place in the Native Type Dressage competition.
The combined training team (consisting of dressage and show jumping) with Poppy Daly, 13, (Ind 12th) Alana Bailey (Ind 4th place), Fionn Braybrooke (Ind 8th place) Erin Braybrooke (Ind 12th) and competing as an individual Anna Braybrooke placed 12th.
The team manager for the juniors is Michelle Dodman.