Tae Kwon-Do school fights its way to medal haul at South East Championships
- Credit: Archant
Mark Farnham Schools of Tae Kwon-Do took home an impressive 16 medals after taking part in TAGB South East Championships 2015 held at the Surrey Sports Park in Guildford.
Pattern, Sparring, Destruction and Team Sparring were all events during the day for the 12 members of the Mark Farnham Schools and the East Anglian school, which runs classes in Ely. took home 16 medals, including nine first places,
Mark Farnham, founder of the schools said: “To win any award at this event is a fantastic achievement, so very well done to the students who achieved a placing.”
The Mark Farnham Schools, which run classes throughout East Anglia, are now preparing for their next event which will be the British Championships in Worchester in November.
You may also want to watch:
A. Abdel Kader, Girls, Green Belt Sparring: 3rd
A. Abdel Kader, Girls, Green Belt Team Sparring: 1st
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 8 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
C. Easey, Girls, Red Belt Sparring: 1st
C. Easey, Girls, Red Belt Team Sparring: 1st
J. Hall, Mens, Black Belt Sparring: 3rd
J. Homent, Boys, Red Belt Sparring: 2nd